Friday, April 30, 2010

Phoenix coffee may put their lattes where their mouth is...

Phoenix coffee, if you happen to be a cave-dwelling microorganism with no propensity to sip a latte, is a locally owned coffee chain in and around Cleveland that has been pretty consistent with their aims and actions in pursuing sustainability. So it is out of no occurrence of happenstance that I just so happened to be in the West 9th location this very afternoon meeting with my college mentor.

While I was at Phoenix I saw a flyer about a forum on sustainability that they are hosting. It turns out (and how I missed this when my roommate was a 40+ hr a week barista there remains a supreme enigma) that Phoenix has a series of "conversations" with sustainability professionals in the area for the use and engagement of the general public. The one advertised on this particular flyer is for this Sunday, May 2, with Terry Schwarz. I've mentioned Terry in other blogs regarding pop-up city, etc. The forum will be on 'Shrinking Cities and Urban Design' and hopefully I will learn a thing or two!

If you are interested here's the info. Go! If I get enough studying done, I will definitely be there....ehh, no matter what, I'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment